The doctors and staff at our office appreciate the confidence you have shown in choosing them to provide for your medical needs. We are devoted to providing you with the highest quality healthcare.
Patient Financial Responsibilities
· The patient (or patient’s guardian, if a minor) is responsible for the payment for his/her treatment and care.
· Patients are responsible for the payment of copays, coinsurance, deductibles and all other procedures or treatment not covered by their insurance plan. Payment is due at the time of the service.
· It is the policy of Dr. Zubin Jiwani OD & Associates to collect copays/deductibles/allowable regardless if the patient has a Health Savings Account or Health Reimbursement Account.
· Patients may incur, and are responsible for the payment of the following additional charges:
o A $25 fee for all returned checks
o A $25 for No show or missed appointments.
The following are the patient’s responsibility:
1. Pre-Authorization: It is the patient’s responsibility to know when authorization/referrals are required for services rendered. The patient must contact their Primary Care Physician for any referrals and contact their insurance company for Pre-Authorization. We will be happy to assist if your insurance has any requests.
2. Patients must bring their insurance card and driver license to each visit.
3. If patient fails to provide their insurance information before the date of service this may result in delayed verification of benefits. If so, the patient may be responsible for the full cost of service at the time of service.
4. Determine if doctor(s) are in-network providers prior to first visit.
5. Pay for any allowed amounts not covered by insurance
6. If you do not have insurance benefits, please contact the Billing Department to set up payment arrangements.
1. Since all prescription glasses are customized according to your eye measurements and your prescription, all prescription glasses/ sunglasses/ eyewear/ contact lenses are sold under no return and no refund policy.
2. Payment is due in full for all types of rx glasses and contact lens orders unless authorized by the office manager or the doctor.
3. Follow up for eyeglass recheck or contact lens rechecks are offered at no charge until 30 days after the pickup date. Any services or recheck services after 30 days will be patient’s responsibility at $70 per visit.
4. Patient is responsible to inform the office through email admin@myeyecareexperts or phone 713-340-0000 if there in any issue with their glasses or contact lenses as soon as possible so it can be rectified within the warranty period.
5. Any new prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses sometimes takes some time to adjust to. We recommend patients to give at least 2 (two) weeks of adaptation time to the new eyewear/ contacts.
6. For Progressive additional lenses, in case of a non-adapt, we are happy to replace lenses in the same frame, with a flat top bifocal or distance or reading single vision glasses at no cost.
7. In case of a progressive non-adapt or prescription non-adapt, our office will work with you to fix the problem with the glasses and or prescription until it is fixed.
8. For contact lens trials, we only provide patient with 2 weeks supply of trial lenses, unless there is a problem with the Rx and the lenses have to be changed within the trial period. Additional trials can be provided to the patient at additional cost.
Promotions: Offers valid with conditions.
Two pairs for $49: Conditions: Offer cannot be combined with insurances. Offer applicable for single vision uncoated CR-39 lenses only with same prescription in both eyes and same prescription for both glasses. From select variety of frames only. Upgrade fee will be applied to any frame or lens upgrades. Offer valid for patients under the age of 18 years only.
Kids prescription glasses for $59 a pair*. *Complete pair purchase required (frames and lenses) for children ages 16 and under. Additional charges may be applied for stronger Rx (more than +/- 1.00 sphere). Offer valid on select frames only and cannot be combined with insurances. Offer includes CR-39 lenses only. Additional charge for and lens or frame upgrades.
Ortho-K treatment is ideal for any child with healthy eyes and the desire to help prevent their myopia from getting worse.
It is a non-surgical treatment that uses an overnight lens to gently reshape the surface of the eye ( the cornea) as you sleep.